Applying for Aid- Our process
Given the mission statement of the Sohum Global Foundation, Inc. you are welcome to submit your request for help by emailing us the details at info@SohumGlobalFoundation.org to the attention of Devika Kamboh. You can also upload your supporting documents and information requested through the online contact form below.
Please include the following information in your email:
- Name of your organization or fund raising project. Please specify if you are a registered charity, Foundation, non profit or grass roots NGO (Non governmental Organization).
- Is this an individual effort or a community based project? who are your stakeholders and what other organizations are currently helping you, if any.
- Who is your target population or what geographical region is it focussing on if its intended for nature conservation efforts. Where will this project be concentrated- is it in a specific community, region or country?
- What is the funding goal in US dollars? Outline the associated expenses that have been projected and accounted for to execute this project to a successful completion.
- Does your project have a time line to completion - is it finite in scope? and how are you evaluating your progress?
- How are you tracking this project and creating transparency?
- What reporting can we expect from you once we partner with you and how often are these progress reports shared?
- Any other unique facts that would help us evaluate the scope and impact of your project and the communities you are intending to help.
- If you are an international (non USA) non profit/ NGO, please note that we will need to see your Equivalency Determination that certifies that you are the equivalent of a US based 501(c)(3) non profit in addition to any government certifications or bank certifications issued by your home country.
- If you have not applied for help by January 31st of the calendar year we are operating in, your application will be considered at the next quarter's board meeting and approved based on our ability to support additional projects in any given year.
- Once an aid project is approved, a fund raising code is created to support any campaigns and donations being received. Net proceeds are wired or sent via check to the receiving group/ NGO after project related costs are deducted - these can vary from 5-10%.
- All our Board members are volunteers and our goal is to always keep overheads minimal so that the bulk of charitable donations can be forwarded to the target projects in a timely manner.
Please note, requests for aid will be considered on a first come first serve basis during any calendar period starting on January 1st and ending on December 31st. Requests submitted by January 31st of any year will be considered for that year with others being put in the queue based on availability of funds. We may also partner with you on live fund raisers depending on the urgency of the project at our discretion. Thank you for the work you are doing and keep spreading your light & hope!!